JANUARY YARD OF THE MONTH WINNER!
Columbus Grove appreciates the efforts of all residents who strive to maintain their homes to community's standards. As a way to showcase the hard work of residents who take pride in their yards, the Landscape Committee nominates and selects a monthly recipient for Yard of the Month.
The Landscape Committee and Board of Directors would like to formally recognize Fred Ashour of 16621 Honeybee Drive as the winner for January's Yard of the Month Contest. Fred's home was selected due to its strategic plant palette that ties together trees, shrubs, turf, and flowering plants of different varieties, heights, and colors in a dynamic way that draws the viewer toward the home's entry. The green elements tie in perfectly with the lighting, fountain, ledger stones on planters, and custom-designed walkway.
Stay tuned for our February winner, which will be announced the first week of the month!
HOME HOLIDAY DECORATING CONTEST RESULTS ARE IN!
We have winners! Hats off to our holiday spirit filled community for your participation! Our residents truly lit up the streets making them so merry & bright! Also, a big thank you to all 24 of our judges who took the time out with their families this weekend to carefully judge all 18 of the houses that entered! What a great turnout and a festive time for all!
We want to express sincere gratitude and a big round of applause to ALL of our Columbus Grove participants. There was such a variety of beautiful, fun & creative designs to behold. It was super close with the votes this year in all three categories! But in the end, these are the winners that came out on top!
Winner of the Magical Masterpiece Award (Most Creative Use of Lights):
16622 Honeybee Drive
This corner house lit up the neighborhood with it's bright, twinkling & warm display of lights from the very top of the roof to the festive string of traditional multicolored lights that bordered the lawn. Congratulations, Paulsen Family for lighting up Columbus Grove!
Winner of the Santa's Workshop Award (Best Yard Display):
3318 Brenham Street
Looking at this house feels like you have just entered the North Pole! Everything makes it feel like Christmas from the gingerbread house entry to the snowman & friendly penguin to greet you up front. Santa would be proud of this workshop! Congratulations to the Breller Family for this fun & delightful display!
Winner of the Best of the Best Award (Most Holiday Spirit):
16633 Sonora Street
Let it snow, let it snow in Columbus Grove! If you were lucky enough to see this Frozen inspired home on a Saturday or Sunday night this month, then you would have seen the live display of snowfall that certainly helped snag the award for the Most Holiday Spirit! Congratulations to the Jiron Family for giving us a touch of a wintery wonderland right in our own neck of the woods!
HONORABLE MENTION goes to:
15514 Cardamon Way
This gorgeous display came close to winning in all three categories but was just a vote or 2 short in each one! Collectively this home did have the most votes overall so we just had to honor it and give it some well-deserved props as it obviously was a resident favorite! Congratulations to the Kuo Family for warming our hearts and your corner with such a beautiful presentation of holiday spirit!
Here are more fun & creative homes that entered and did a fantastic job lighting up our community. Congratulations to ALL our participants! Let's make 2021 an even brighter and better year! See you next year!
15535 Azalea Drive
85 Fringe Tree
87 Fringe Tree
16609 Honeybee Drive
16633 Honeybee Drive
30 Honey Locust
15527 Orchid Avenue
44 Snowdrop Tree
15501 Sonora Street
16638 Sonora Street
38 Water Lily
Best wishes to our entire Columbus Grove Community and hoping your holidays and new year are filled with love, family, good health and happiness! See you in 2021!
Great news! The California Department of Public Health has updated COVID-19 restrictions, now allowing private playgrounds to reopen. As such, the three tot lots have since been reopened for use by residents. Please note, the following restrictions are still in place when utilizing the playgrounds:
- Face masks over the mouth and nose are required for everyone 2 years of age or older with caregiver supervision at all times to ensure face mask use.
- Do not use the playground when different households are unable to maintain a physical distance of 6 feet or when the capacity limit has been reached.
- Caregivers must monitor to keep adults and children from different households at least 6 feet apart.
- Consider coming on different times or days to avoid wait times and potential crowded times.
- No eating or drinking in playground, to ensure face masks are worn at all times.
- Wash or sanitize hands before and after using the playground.
- Elderly and persons with underlying medical conditions should avoid playground when others are present.
- Limit visit to 30 min per day when others are present
Dear Members and Residents of Columbus Grove,
In order to enhance Member and Resident use of the Association’s pool facilities, the Board of Directors have determined the reservation system will no longer be used, effective Tuesday, September 29, 2020
. It is the intention of the Association to move towards a facility use plan that is less restrictive, while satisfying all governmental health care agency guidelines. Member and Resident safety are paramount, therefore as the reservation system is removed, all Members and Residents who wish to use the pool and other Association facilities are required to sign a new Waiver and Release of Liability. For copy of the new updated waiver please Click Here
. Copy of the waiver can also be found on the Columbus Grove HOA website in the password protected documents: (columbusgrovehoa.com
The Association understands that many users have signed and returned the previous Waiver. Thank you for that. Signing of the updated Waiver by all adults in residence will grant access to the pool facility through their key fob. Pool occupancy numbers and social distancing will be self-monitored for safety and compliance. The Association appreciates your patience as we all, as a Community, work together to ensure safe and fun use of the pool for everyone.
Hours of Operation
The pool facilities will operate at 50% normal capacity. The general hours of operation for the pool facilities will be from 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. The following schedule will be implemented for pool use:
- 8 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. Lap Swimming Only
- 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Senior Use Only (60+)
- 10:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. General Session (Group 1)
- 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Closed for Cleaning
- 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. General Use (Group 2)
- 5:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. General Use (Group 3)
*If you are a Lap Swimmer or would like to use the pool during Senior Citizen Hours please notify the office so the key fob is reactivated according to the operation of the pool hours. All key fobs will automatically get reactivated for General Sessions (10:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.) after a new waiver is signed and submitted to the management office.
Specific Use Guidelines
- Lap Swimming. During lap swimming time, residents will be permitted to swim in designated lanes. Please note that every other lane has been closed in order to facilitate proper social distancing.
- Senior Use. During senior use, only residents aged 60 or older may use the pool.
- General Use. During general use time, users shall be required to maintain proper social distancing while swimming and/or lounging on the pool deck.
- No guests are allowed. Due to limited capacity, Columbus Grove residents will take priority and only they will be permitted at this time.
- No gatherings of any kind.
- For every 3 children, there must always be 1 adult supervisor present, as defined by pool and spa rule 18.1.5. per the Columbus Grove Association governing documents.
- Key fobs associated with the property address will get activated after signed new waiver is submitted to the management office. You may email signed waivers to: email@example.com
- Please do not use your key fob to open the gate for someone who cannot gain entry using their key fob or who does not have a key fob. If someone cannot access the pool area, chances are they are not authorized to be there.
- We will monitor the pools daily. If we find that the pool is above the 50% occupancy, our staff will make every effort to avoid closing the pools, however if residents cannot adhere to the guidance, we will close the pool immediately.
Thank you again for your cooperation and support in honoring these rules. We look forward to keeping our amenities open for as long as these health and safety measures are followed. It will take the cooperation and consideration of all residents to allow us to keep our pools open. We will continue to monitor state and local regulations related to the use of our amenity spaces, and will adjust our guidance along the way, if needed.
The Board of Directors
Columbus Grove Community Association